Select Page

Reply To: Desirability of 3rd Pool

Forum Home Forums Horizon Project – Have your say! Desirability of 3rd Pool Reply To: Desirability of 3rd Pool

Hi Serena, thank you for your comments. I passed this onto Danny Sitton our Sports Executive who asked me to post this on his behalf.

‘I completely understand your comments about the pool temperature and I really do sympathise. As a rule, we aim for a pool water temperature of 29.5C which is a compromise between those who want a higher water temperature and those who prefer it cooler. Our lane swimmers generally prefer a temperature which is lower than 29C and for children’s lessons it would ideally be around 30C – although the 29.5C temperature we have suits no-one perfectly, it seems to be fairest compromise considering the multiple groups who use the pool. This is one of the main reasons why we would like a second indoor pool at the Club – it would allow us to have a cooler pool for lane swimmers and a warmer pool for leisurely swimming and lessons.

Furthermore, our Maintenance Team have an ongoing challenge in controlling the temperature of the indoor pool. There was a period a few months ago where the temperature was a little too warm (between 30C – 31C) and since then, the temperature has settled between 29C – 29.5C which is a fraction too cool. The air temperature in the area also has bearing on the swimming experience and the Maintenance Team are trying to make adjustments to this to make it feel a little warmer.’