Select Page

Music

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Following the tremendous success of the Hurlingham Arts Festival can we build on this foundation to bring more in the way of musical performance and activity in the club? With a membership such as ours there would I believe be strong support for regular recitals of solo, chamber and vocal music. It will require a recital-quality piano and a place where it can be kept and used without being moved around too much. There are many young musicians of very high calibre who more than anything else need an audience, and who would leap at the chance to perform in a place like ours, as demonstrated by the pupils from the Menuhin School during the festival. At the same time it might facilitate choral activity amongst members, and be used for dancing and singing activities with the children.

Great idea.

I hope you will support the progress of the Resolution I started with Martin Bishop to get back the use of the East Wing.

We included in our address reference to not moving furniture every other day. A piano in the Palm Court would be a great asset.

Our resolution was passed. Now we want re-assurance that the staff are not continuing to sell the use of the area to outsiders when a majority of the members have said they don’t want that to happen.

Tony G

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.