Select Page

Reply To: Staffing and Service

Forum Home Forums Horizon Project – Have your say! Staffing and Service Reply To: Staffing and Service

Hello John, over the last few years our turnover has been comparable to other organisations, but has increased recently as we come out of the pandemic and the labour market beings to recover. This has resulted in a higher number of new staff joining the Club, and getting to know our more regular members. I agree with you that the balance between our permanent and casual teams is a difficult one. We prefer to have permanent members of staff, allowing for a stronger engagement, more training and development, more appropriate benefits etc, as you suggest. However, the nature of the variation of revenues (I’m talking mostly about F&B here) is such that we need to supplement our core teams with some level of more casual workers so that we can react to seasonal, weekly and sometimes daily variations! I think one of the major challenges for Hurlingham, and many other Clubs, is finding the balance between a financially efficient operation and excellent member service and experience. I would be interested to hear the views of other members on their experiences. Victoria Harris, Deputy Secretary